Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11.6.13: Peacemaker

Okay, So I want to take a minute to explain this poem a little bit. The main theme is peace...and maybe you guys can't tell, but I'm hoping that my overall tone comes across as acceptance. I wrote this poem to accept the fact that my grandfather is no longer with us...Although it still sucks, I think that I'm finally accepting it.
It's called peacemaker because I'm making peace with myself that this is what happened but also, as I reflect on my grandfather's life, I realized that he was always the one who kept the peace.
So, this one's for you, big guy. I love you and miss you everyday.

You were our peacemaker.
You held us together.
You stopped the fights.
And although it's taken me seven months to see...
our peacemaker is what you'll always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment