Monday, October 29, 2012

10.29.12: Stranded.


It sounded like an ocean outside my window. My blinds were closed but I couldn’t bring myself to open them. The wind whipped and tore at my building. Our power was still working. My Internet and cable held strong as well. Almost every television station had coverage on Sandy but I couldn’t watch any of those. I looked for a channel, any channel, that wasn’t covering the storm. I tried to keep myself occupied. I watched a self-created Gossip Girl marathon. I probably ate about three times my body weight in food. I even colored in my princess coloring book. Fire truck and police sirens echoed in my ears and their lights flashed through my blinds. My roommates and I were going insane. We were bored.  We were stuck. Our college administrators told us that we weren’t allowed to leave our rooms but it's not like we were planning on going anywhere, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment