Thursday, October 11, 2012

10.11.12: Notes and Perspectives


Hey everyone! It's midterms week (its actually been about three weeks...-.-) so I sincerely apologize if this post isn't up to my regular standards and not what you were expecting of my writing...I just wanted to get a new post up so you weren't looking at the same 10 posts. I'll try and write a lot more once I finish all of my tests. Thank you!

        I miss home. I miss home a lot and I miss home often. They told me that I needed to grow up, though, so I packed my bags and went to college like the good daughter that I trying to be. My freshman year flew by and had its fair share of ups and downs with the downs being much more prominent than the ups…but I learned a lot, too. They told me that I had changed when I came back home but honestly, all I really did was learn how to grow up. I took their advice, followed their lead, and made it on my own.
            Now it’s my sophomore year and I’m learning a whole new lesson that I didn’t think I’d have to learn for a while. They say when you fall in love, you just know…and I think that they’re right. I never believed it to be true but now I do. He’s changed my mind because he’s the reason that I am the way that I am.
            I’ve never met anyone like him before and I think that’s why I was drawn to him so fast and so easily. He was nothing short of amazing and he was all mine. I thanked God that I had gotten so lucky.
            He changed my outlook on life and he was my support system. His attitude was always positive and I wanted nothing more than to be just like him. I wanted to see life through his eyes so that’s what I did. I took his perspective and made it mine. 
            Because of him, everything I do now is done with my whole heart and I know that if I fail, he’ll be right next to me cheering anyway. He has faith in me and I had never had that before. And with him, I have trust.
            But I never told him any of that. I don’t think that he’s ready to know. I think that when you love someone, you have to be careful with him or her. You can’t push them and you can’t rush them. Love is like a song; you can’t just throw notes on a page and expect to hear music. You have to carefully construct each note to make something beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment