Monday, October 15, 2012

10.14.12: Sara

          I don't think that I've ever met someone so much like myself before in my life. Sara and I shared a connection. We basically shared the same mind. We were the same person in two different bodies. She would finish my sentences and I would finish hers. If I had a bad day, she would have the ice cream ready before I got to her house and vice versa. I remember how I met Sara and I never expected to be so close to her. She was one of my friends' roommates. She played soccer and I played lacrosse. Our teams didn't hate each other but they weren't exactly for each other either. We made it work. We were fast friends and best friend instantly after that. We grounded each other and never left each others side...until now.
          Sara wasn't from around here. And by here, I mean New York. Actually, if we're being honest, I'm not exactly from "here" either. I'm a Jersey girl...but Jersey is a hell of a lot closer than Texas.
         As much as Sara loved her friends and everyone that she had met, she couldn't shake the feeling that this city just wasn't for her. Eventually, the feeling got too overwhelming and she gave into it. She went back to Texas. Every single day, I miss my best friend more than you could ever imagine. I still buy our favorite ice cream every bad day and still call her for a vent sesh every once in a while. I'm not mad at her. I could never be mad at her for doing what's going to make her happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment