Thursday, October 2, 2014

Character Assignment

Assignment: In 300-400 words, make someone up.

 His name isn’t important; he doesn’t even go by his first name anyway. He doesn’t like it. It reminded him of his ex-girlfriend; that’s what she used to call him. He didn’t want to be reminded. He didn’t need to be reminded. His name doesn’t fit him right. He doesn’t look like his name. That’s why his name isn’t important. It isn’t even him.
            He’s tall…but then again, everyone is tall to me. I’m short. One day I asked him how tall he was and he said he was 5’10”. I thought he was 6’2”. He laughed at me as if his height was common knowledge. He reminded me of Jordan, which is another reason why his name isn’t important. They had the same muscle build: big. They also had similar personalities: always smiling, always laughing and always making you feel good about yourself. He usually boosted your ego instead of the other way around. He deserved to have his ego boosted, though, too. They’re facial structure was similar and their voices sounded the same, too. If you took Jordan and his older brother Devin, you’d get him. He was them and they were him. That’s the only way I can explain it.  
            He differed from Jordan, though, too. Jordan didn’t have any tattoos. He did. He had a lot of tattoos. I didn’t understand how he could endure that much pain. I didn’t like needles and he didn’t either. He said it was because the things that he tattooed were important. I told him so was my family but they’re not tattooed on my arm. He knew I was right.

            He was older and he treated me like a little sister. It was nice having family away from family…even if it wasn’t a real family member. He always looked out for my best interest and he was my protection. He taught me everything I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment