Monday, August 26, 2013

8.26.13: So That's Why Chivalry is Dead...


            So, for most of us, we spent last night watching the VMA’s…which also means that we spent the majority of the VMA’s watching Miley Cyrus “twerk” and embarrass herself all over the stage…and then for the rest of the night, we were left wondering why that performance was even allowed to be aired on television.
            What does the poor girl think she’s doing? Where are her parents?! Bring back Hannah Montana. Liam, we’re all sorry for your loss (of what Miley used to be). It’s very clear now that she’s no longer with us.
            If you missed it, here it is:
*Disclaimer: I couldn’t get through the entire thing…


Miley Cyrus, in her glory days of Hannah Montana, was, in my opinion, the epitome of adorable. Little girls looked up to her. Hell, I looked up to her and I was 17. I would make sure I caught every episode (I have no shame). The Miley that we all know, and now hate, is just a shell of that cute, little girl we all used to know and love.
            Girls wonder why all the boys think that they can treat us poorly…well, here’s your answer. I’m not saying Miley Cyrus is the reason…there’s too many people in the world and despite the fact that her followers are mindless, she doesn’t actually control them (unless she does…but us regular, normal people will never know the truth).
            The way Miley displayed herself last night at the VMA’s was not only embarrassing for herself, but to be completely honest, I was embarrassed to be a girl. I was raised to carry myself with elegance and poise (and no, I’m not a southern Belle; I’m from the East Coast) and Miley did not exude one lady-like quality last night. To be honest, she hasn’t regarded being lady-like for years now.

            Girls, I am begging you, please, please, PLEASE, respect yourself and I promise that the boys will respect you, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment