Monday, July 22, 2013

7.22.13: Stay (Multiple POV)

So I just got the Florida Georgia Line Cd and there was one song on there called "Stay" that I fell in love with. Naturally, it inspired a blog post.


Lindsey:           
Tears were steaming down my face. I tried to focus on his face but my vision was too blurred. I couldn’t do this…not to him. But I had to. I shook my head.
            “Linds…?” Of course he was trying to make sure that I was okay. Of course. And of course the last thing I was right now was okay. I shook my head at him again. No. Just no. “I love you,” he whispered.
            My sobs came harder. I couldn’t do this right now.
            “I love you, too,” I managed to choke out.
            “But…” he pushed.
            “But…I deserve better,” I whispered. The shock on his face was apparent and I felt like I was being suffocated. “I can’t, Dylan. I just can’t.”

Dylan:
            What was Lindsey saying to me right now? Was she breaking up with me? No. That couldn’t be happening.
But it was.
            “I deserve better,” she whispered. It felt like I’d be slapped. Her words were laced with truth. And the worst part about it was that I didn’t realize it until now. How stupid could I have been?  
            “What?” Was all I could manage to get out.
            “I can’t keep putting all of this effort in when you don’t do anything for me. I can’t keep waiting for you. Because the longer I wait, the more I break inside. And I just can’t do that to myself.” Her sobs were almost uncontrollable at this point. I didn’t know what to do. She went to go turn away from me. I reached for her hand. I couldn’t let her go. I just couldn’t. She stopped for a moment to turn to look back down at our hands. I felt a sliver of hope course through my body. But within moments, she slid her hand out of mine.
            And with that, she was walking away from me and there was nothing that I could do about it.            
            I was breaking into a million tiny pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment