Saturday, July 20, 2013

7.20.13: Reality Check


I felt like I’d been slapped. I actually put my hand to my face to make sure that it didn’t really happen. It stung like it had.
            His words rang in my ears and shock was clearly plastered on my face. He’d never spoken to me like that before. The worst part, though, was that it wasn’t mean; it was the truth.
            I didn’t know how to respond…so I didn’t. I walked away. I don’t know if he watched me go or if he turned his back on me, too, but either way, he didn’t come after me.
            That was okay, though. I didn’t want him to. 

Although this may not seem like it, this post is actually dedicated to one of my best friends. Sometimes (okay, most of the time), I need a reality check. He's not afraid to put me in my place and tell me when I'm being ridiculous.
Thank you, Jonathan...for keeping me in line, for always being there for me, for supporting my ice cream addiction, and mutually sharing my love for Taylor Swift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment