Thursday, February 7, 2013

2.7.13: Truths and Embellishments


He brings me back. I don’t mean literally, I mean figuratively. When life gets in my way, I think of him, and I can breathe again, even if it’s just for a little while. His touch takes me out of reality and helps me cope with things that are out of my control. His voice, speaking only words of encouragement, gives me the strength that I need to press on when I feel that all hope is lost. He has become for me something that I never thought that I’d have. He grounds me, soothes me, motivates me. He is everything. And I know that I love him. And he knows that I love him. And I can feel it in my bones. But I’m also afraid because being in love is scary and exhilarating and comforting and happy all at the same time. He sees all of me and that is what’s scary: giving someone else every possible thing that you can for them to break you but trusting that they won’t. And it’s exhilarating and comforting and happy because finding another person to share every detail of your life with is a once in a lifetime opportunity and once you find it, you can’t ever go back. And you don’t want to go back. Because once you find that person, you have to have them and you can’t let them go and their happiness is always above yours no matter the cost. And then you aren’t selfish anymore because you care more for that person then you do yourself. He does all of that for me without even realizing it. He always brings me back and because of that, I will always be his. 

No comments:

Post a Comment