Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2.12.13: Hey There, Superstar


His eyes were blacker than coal and they looked right through me. They were trying to tell me something but I had no idea what. They were piercing.
            I had never conversed with their owner but I knew him regardless. He was our superstar: the kid who had it all and knew it. He carried himself a little too confidently and sometimes he let it get to his head but rightfully so. He had worked hard to get to the top. I always saw him putting in the effort. He puts up a good front: acting like he owns the world…but I know that there’s more to him that he protects.
            I blinked my eyes a couple of times and returned back to reality. I glanced over my to where he was standing ever so confidently. He waved his hand in the air calling a play of some sort. I sat up straighter. His eyes flashed in my direction while a smirk played at his lips. He nodded at me slightly with a “watch this” attitude and then he was off. I cocked my head to the side trying to figure out what those eyes, once again, were trying to tell me as he took control of our team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment