Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10.22.13: Headache

So I wrote this poem the other day for my poetry class and I honestly didn't expect to get a good grade on it because I actually put no effort into it (shhh...don't tell my teacher)! And then, for some odd reason (and by God's grace), my teacher actually loved it and gave me a good grade. So, I've decided to share this poem with all of you. And also, just for clarification, there is no metaphor or simile or anything behind this poem. I literally just had a headache and since it hurt so badly, that's all that I could think about so that's what I wrote about. But yeah, so here it is:

My head pounds
pounds
pounds.
And my thoughts can't focus.
And maybe it'll stop
but then again, maybe it won't.
and they occur too often now.
but they still won't stop.
and my head pounds
pounds
pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment