Friday, September 6, 2013

9.6.13: Punishment Sprints

Okay, so once again, this semester, I'll be taking a writing course and luckily for all of you, it actually might be relevant to this blog! It's a creative writing poetry course so basically every time I have an assignment, you'll all get to see what I'll be submitting for a grade...so please; let's hope that I do well.
Here is my first poem of the semester, titled: Punishment Sprints.
For a brief overview of what my poem is about, my coach has made my team run for the entire practice for the past three days. We haven't picked up our lacrosse sticks all week. Hopefully, you can all see the imagery that I'm trying to illustrate here:

Hot sun. Burnt shoulders.
Sweat dripping everywhere.
Short, shallow breaths, gasping for air.
On the endline, we all line up, waiting for the next whistle.
Crouched low like a panther, ready to fire our muscles.
Blinking as if in slow motion;
its over before it began.
Exhaustion is slowly setting in.
I glance up at the clock: two hours have passed.
On the endline, we all line up, waiting for the next whistle.

No comments:

Post a Comment