Sunday, June 16, 2013

6.16.13: Train Talks


For clarification, I haven’t taken the train again…this is just someone that I forgot about from my train ride home the other day.
Once again, I was not provided with a name because I was sitting behind her but from what I could see, she looked like a Belinda.
Belinda was meticulous…such precision. Each stroke had significance and purpose. I watched in awe as she dipped the end of her brush back in her lipstick tube to apply another coat of gloss to her already colored lips. This was the fourth time that Belinda had put the end of her brush in that damn tube.
First of all, I wanted to figure out how she managed to have such a steady hand on the train. Secondly, I wanted to know where she was going that required her to re-do her entire face on a train that was leaving the city.
Belinda was now pushing the five-minute mark…and that was just dedicated to her lips alone. I looked down at my phone to check the time. Yup, definitely five minutes. Belinda started to bore me.
Twenty minutes later and Belinda had moved onto her eyes.
I looked her up and down and gasped.
Belinda had her dark brown hair up tight in a ballerina bun with a hair net making sure that it was securely in place (which led me to believe that she was indeed affiliated somehow with ballerinas). She was wearing a nice cream-colored cardigan with a swooping bottom. Casually, she wore jeans. And on her feet…
She. Had. On. Sneakers.
I was appalled. Don’t get me wrong. I love my sneakers. But when you see someone spend over 20 minutes on a train reapplying their makeup, you would think that they have a somewhat keen fashion sense. I mean c’mon. She could’ve picked anything else! Boots, flats, heels, wedges, sandals…but she chose sneakers.
Belinda had officially and thoroughly disappointed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment